Insects and Pests

If a student suspects insects or pests in their on-campus housing unit, they should contact their RA, RD, or the Student Affairs Office. The Student Affairs Office will alert the Physical Plant, who will do an initial inspection. If warranted, a professional exterminator will assess the situation. If insects or pests are confirmed, instructions will be provided for the residents to prepare their personal belongings, then the unit will be professionally treated. Residents may not need to move, as moving may cause the problem to spread.  If the student is required to relocate, guidance on how to do so will be provided by the Student Affairs Office. Students are expected to follow all provided instructions for complete eradication.  

Employees or students who suspect insects or pests in a non-housing location on campus should contact Physical Plant directly so the situation can be investigated and addressed as needed.